B4H WA relies on the donation of bicycles from the public to achieve its charitable aims.
If you have a bike or bikes gathering dust in the shed, scroll down below to see a list of locations that you can drop off donated bicycles.
In the developing world the most useful are adult sized sturdy hybrids or mountain bikes and BMX sized bikes.
Generally we can’t accept small children’s bikes because we can’t find homes for the really little ones, but anything from BMX size up to full adult size is in demand. The BMX’s are particularly useful for our WA remote community schools program.
If you have an adult sized bike in reasonable condition that is suitable for the developing world we can still use it to benefit the project by re-purposing it for use here through partnerships with other bike based charities – it will certainly be put to good use and find a new life.
This one is just what we are looking for:
But, Not not this one please (!):
Bikes beyond repair belong in a metal recycling bin!
Drop Off Locations
Would you like to join this list? We are always looking for additional drop-off points. If you have space in your garage or back shed to temporarily store 10-20 bikes, our volunteers will pick them up when your capacity is reached.
- South Perth Cycles Mends Street Arcade, 19-23 Mends Street, South Perth (Drop off location at workshop via arcade car park on Harper Terrace)
- BikeMore, 356a Rokeby Rd, Subiaco WA 6008. Contact Jakub – Ph: (08) 9380 6580 Email: email@example.com
- Pat Howell 23 Minilya Street, Innaloo – (ph)9446 4170 (drop off behind front fence)
- Robinson Group – 56 Irvine Drive, Malaga (factory unit) – (ph)9249 7055
- Sandy & Michael – 1040 Bailey Road, Glen Forrest (ph)9298 8597 – (m)0429 163 841
- Wendy & Jamie – 17 East Street, Guildford – (m)0402 132 523 (leave bikes on verandah or side of house)
- South Beach Cycles – 408 South Terrace, South Fremantle – Daily 9am-5:30pm (Sunday 12-4pm)
- David Cornelius – 27 Jillijilli Close, Oldbury – Call David on 0401 317 272 to arrange a time
- OR at the B4H WA Bike Shed at 1/7 Elmsfield Road, Midvale during opening hours (9:00am till about 1:00pm on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays).
Our WA regional hubs are:
- Rotary Club of Geraldton – 27 Eakins Cr, Wandina – Contact is Peter Moore on 0427 509 067
- Community Living Association — 56 Cockburn Road, Mira Mar, Albany — contact Timothy Fairley 08 98929428
- Rotary Clubs of Mandurah Districts and Pinjarra – Pinjarra Men’s Shed, Lot 503, Williams, Pinjarra Rd, Pinjarra WA 6208