In line with Government announcements and our own medical advice, a decision has now been made to re-open the B4H WA Middle Swan workshop, beginning from Tuesday 19 May.
This good news means that we can resume collections of donated bikes from the drop-off locations listed below.
We thank all donors for their patience during this very difficult time for us all. We now look forward to receiving lots of donated bikes so we can catch up with of planned shipping schedule.
In the developing world the most useful are adult sized sturdy hybrids or mountain bikes and BMX sized bikes.
Generally we can’t accept small children’s bikes because we can’t find homes for the really little ones, but anything from BMX size up to full adult size is in demand. The BMX’s are particularly useful for our aboriginal community schools program.
If you have an adult sized bike in reasonable condition that is suitable for the developing world we can still use it to benefit the project by re-purposing it for use here through partnerships with other bike based charities – it will certainly be put to good use and find a new life.
Not this please (!):
Drop Off Locations
Would you like to join this list? We are always looking for additional drop-off points. If you have space in you garage or shed to temporarily store 10-20 bikes, our volunteers will pick them up when your capacity is reached.
- South Perth Cycles Mends Street Arcade, 19-23 Mends Street, South Perth (Drop off location at workshop via arcade car park on Harper Terrace)
- BikeMore, 356a Rokeby Rd, Subiaco WA 6008. Contact Jakub – Ph: (08) 9380 6580 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pat Howell 23 Minilya Street, Innaloo – (ph)9446 4170 (drop off behind front fence)
- Robinson Group – 56 Irvine Drive, Malaga (factory unit) – (ph)9249 7055
- Sandy & Michael – 1040 Bailey Road, Glen Forrest (ph)9298 8597 – (m)0429 163 841
- Wendy & Jamie – 17 East Street, Guildford – (m)0402 132 523 (leave bikes on verandah or side of house)
- Joondalup Men’s Shed – 3 Macgregor Drive, Padbury –Monday to Friday (8.30am to 2.30pm) www.jms.org.au/contact/
- South Beach Cycles – 408 South Terrace, South Fremantle – Daily 9am-5:30pm (Sunday 12-4pm)
- David Cornelius – 27 Jillijilli Close, Oldbury – Call David on 0401 317 272 to arrange a time
- National Storage – 309 Spearwood Avenue, Bibra Lake (ph) 9418 5011
- OR at the B4H WA Bike Shed at Jack Williamson Park, Middle Swan during opening hours (9:00am till about 1:00pm on Tuesdays and Fridays).
Our WA regional hubs are:
- Rotary Club of Geraldton – 27 Eakins Cr, Wandina – Contact is Peter Moore on 0427 509 067
- Community Living Association — 56 Cockburn Road, Mira Mar, Albany — contact Timothy Fairley 08 98929428
- Rotary Clubs of Mandurah Districts and Pinjarra